What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer via Web pages.
They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services of the information society.
Among others, they allow a Web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or
his computer and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from where the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
Own cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal computer from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
Third party Cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that treats the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as their own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the time period that remain stored in the client's browser, being able to be:
- Session cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a Web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in preserving for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased)
- Persistent Cookies: The data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and treated for a period defined by the cookie manager, and can go from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the obtained data are treated:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a Web page,Platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that integrate a Order, make the process of purchasing an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content over networks Social.
- Customization Cookies: Allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which Access the service, the regional settings from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: They allow the responsible of the same, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the Web sites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce Improvements based on the analysis of the use data that the service users make.
- Advertising cookies: They allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: They store information about the behavior of the users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising according to it.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may not be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the tools or Options menu. You can also see the browser Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies they want to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools like the following:
Cookies used in www.lifescorts.com
The following identifies the cookies that are being used in this portal as well as its typology and function:
Session cookies: There are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically deleted) when you close the browser. We use session cookies to allow access to content and inclusion of comments (for which you need to log in).
Persistent cookies: typically have a long-term expiration date and remain in the browser until they expire or are manually deleted. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the site for our customers.
What other cookies can I find in Lifescorts?
There are also limited third-party cookies on the site. These can be session or persistent cookies that set different entities to Lifescorts. In order to ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners.
With this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be reviewed when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
- Close. The notice on this page is hidden.